Black plays the author himself, who wasn’t a character in the “Goosebumps” books.
The funnyman tells the outlet he was attracted to the project because it was time he did something for the kids.
“This is just the one that seemed like the most fun. I’m looking for projects that compliment each other. I mean, I’m doing different things at the same time. I’m doing a little independent film with my friend Mike White producing called Day Train and that’s going to be a much different, like, sort of along the lines of Bernie where its darker and hard, R-rating. So I felt like I could do one that was more geared towards kids and have some fun in that way where it’s still got some dark elements but its definitely lighter fare. It’s good to just mix it up so you don’t get stuck in a rut.”
“Goosebumps” opens August 7th, 2015.
- HBO’s 2015 preview - December 22, 2014
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014