Remember “Timeless”, the Bill Kelly (“Enchanted”) written time-travel yarn that Phillip Noyce was at one stage set to direct, with Liam Hemsworth circling the lead role?
Well, that’s back on – though without Noyce, and no sign of Hemsworth.
According to Deadline, UK director Carl Tibbetts, who made his feature debut with Cillian Murphy starrer “Retreat”, is now helming the movie, which “tracks a twentysomething surfer who sets out to build a time-travel machine after his wife dies in an accident. He taps a young Harvard physicist to help make the impossible a reality.”
Relativity Media, who were involved back in 2010 when it was eyed by Noyce, is no longer involved. New financier Nicolas Veinberg and Defiant Pictures have come aboard, and Sunil Perkash will produce alongside Veinberg and Lucas Jarash.
“Timeless” will shoot next Spring in Gran Canaria, Spain.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014