Anthony Hopkins and Evan Rachel Wood are set for HBO’s “Westworld”, based on the 1973 science-fiction film from Michael Crichton. James Marsden is also circling .
Jonathan Nolan, writer Lisa Joy Nolan, JJ Abrams, and Jerry Weintraub collaborate on the series, which is set at a theme park.
Television is somewhat of a departure for award-winning big-screen thesp Hopkins, though Wood’s already part of the HBO family, having recurred on “True Blood”.
Deadline says :
In his first TV series role, Hopkins will play Dr. Robert Ford, the brilliant, taciturn and complicated creative director, chief programmer and chairman of the board of Westworld who has an uncompromising creative vision for the park — and unorthodox methods of achieving it. Wood plays the provincial, beautiful and kind Dolores Abernathy, the quintessential farm girl of the frontier West — who is about to discover that her entire idyllic existence is an elaborately constructed lie. Also in talks for a lead role in the pilot is James Marsden.
A CGI Yul Brynner, anyone?
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015