Anthony Hopkins and Evan Rachel Wood are set for HBO’s “Westworld”, based on the 1973 science-fiction film from Michael Crichton. James Marsden is also circling .
Jonathan Nolan, writer Lisa Joy Nolan, JJ Abrams, and Jerry Weintraub collaborate on the series, which is set at a theme park.
Television is somewhat of a departure for award-winning big-screen thesp Hopkins, though Wood’s already part of the HBO family, having recurred on “True Blood”.
Deadline says :
In his first TV series role, Hopkins will play Dr. Robert Ford, the brilliant, taciturn and complicated creative director, chief programmer and chairman of the board of Westworld who has an uncompromising creative vision for the park — and unorthodox methods of achieving it. Wood plays the provincial, beautiful and kind Dolores Abernathy, the quintessential farm girl of the frontier West — who is about to discover that her entire idyllic existence is an elaborately constructed lie. Also in talks for a lead role in the pilot is James Marsden.
A CGI Yul Brynner, anyone?
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014