“Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” alum Rooney Mara will star in the new film from Jim Sheridan (“In America”), “The Secret Scripture”.
According to Deadline, the film tells of a 100-year-old woman named Roseanne who recounts her life in mental institutions in a secret memoir.
The movie, which originally had Jessica Chastain keen for the lead, is gearing up for a September shoot in Ireland.
Mara is playing the young Roseanne, with Vanessa Redgrave playing the older version of the same character.
Rooney, currently developing “A House in the Sky” with Anapurna Pictures, recently completed work on Joe Wright’s “Pan”.
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015
- Xena, Warrior Princess moving to Salem - January 15, 2015
- New Gunman poster! - January 15, 2015
- Trailer : The Wrecking Crew - January 15, 2015
- Wong Kar Wai producing Zhang’s directorial debt - January 15, 2015
- Richard Armitage joins NBC’s Hannibal - January 14, 2015