“Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” alum Rooney Mara will star in the new film from Jim Sheridan (“In America”), “The Secret Scripture”.
According to Deadline, the film tells of a 100-year-old woman named Roseanne who recounts her life in mental institutions in a secret memoir.
The movie, which originally had Jessica Chastain keen for the lead, is gearing up for a September shoot in Ireland.
Mara is playing the young Roseanne, with Vanessa Redgrave playing the older version of the same character.
Rooney, currently developing “A House in the Sky” with Anapurna Pictures, recently completed work on Joe Wright’s “Pan”.
- HBO’s 2015 preview - December 22, 2014
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014