“Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” alum Rooney Mara will star in the new film from Jim Sheridan (“In America”), “The Secret Scripture”.
According to Deadline, the film tells of a 100-year-old woman named Roseanne who recounts her life in mental institutions in a secret memoir.
The movie, which originally had Jessica Chastain keen for the lead, is gearing up for a September shoot in Ireland.
Mara is playing the young Roseanne, with Vanessa Redgrave playing the older version of the same character.
Rooney, currently developing “A House in the Sky” with Anapurna Pictures, recently completed work on Joe Wright’s “Pan”.
- The Punisher returns for Black Sails - March 25, 2015
- My Name is Earl alum joins Mom - March 14, 2015
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015