Seems we can disregard all those Benedict Cumberbatch rumours.
According to The Wrap, Joaquin Phoenix has emerged as the frontrunner to play the Sorcrerer Supreme in director Scott Derrickson’s “Doctor Strange” movie.
Just a couple of days ago, “Sherlock” alum Benedict Cumberbatch was profusely-gossiped as having bagged the role.
Might Phoenix – who, last year was being courted by Warner to play Lex Luthor in “Batman v Superman” – be announced at Narvel’s Hall H panel at Comic-Con on the weekend? Guess we’ll find out (though Variety, following up on The Wrap’s exclusive, says he’s in “Early talks” at this stage, which would suggest – unless they get the deal done quick – there won’t be any announcement tomorrow).
Pre-Cumberbatch, and now Phoebix, both Justin Theroux and Jared Leto were said to be eyed for the role of ‘Strange’.
Jon Spaihts wrote the “Doctor Strange” screenplay, which follows Stephen Strange, a former neurosurgeon who protects Earth from magical and mystical threats.
- First look at Lena Dunham in Scandal - March 6, 2015
- Alec Baldwin to play New York Mayor in HBO pilot - March 6, 2015
- Mr T, Tom Selleck, Scott Bakula for Expendables TV show? - March 6, 2015
- Mangold reveals when Wolverine 3 will begin filming - March 6, 2015
- Jared Leto unveils his ‘Joker’ haircut - March 6, 2015
- Toy Story 4 will be of a different genre than the previous three? - March 5, 2015
- Idris Elba reprising Luther for two-part special - March 5, 2015
- Netflix announce new Brit Marling series - March 5, 2015
- Walden Media to co-finance, co-produce Spielberg’s BFG - March 5, 2015
- Trailer : Ghoul - March 5, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.