Seems we can disregard all those Benedict Cumberbatch rumours.
According to The Wrap, Joaquin Phoenix has emerged as the frontrunner to play the Sorcrerer Supreme in director Scott Derrickson’s “Doctor Strange” movie.
Just a couple of days ago, “Sherlock” alum Benedict Cumberbatch was profusely-gossiped as having bagged the role.
Might Phoenix – who, last year was being courted by Warner to play Lex Luthor in “Batman v Superman” – be announced at Narvel’s Hall H panel at Comic-Con on the weekend? Guess we’ll find out (though Variety, following up on The Wrap’s exclusive, says he’s in “Early talks” at this stage, which would suggest – unless they get the deal done quick – there won’t be any announcement tomorrow).
Pre-Cumberbatch, and now Phoebix, both Justin Theroux and Jared Leto were said to be eyed for the role of ‘Strange’.
Jon Spaihts wrote the “Doctor Strange” screenplay, which follows Stephen Strange, a former neurosurgeon who protects Earth from magical and mystical threats.
- Charlie Sheen reprising one of his classic roles - December 18, 2014
- Carell’s North Korea movie cancelled - December 18, 2014
- Stuhlbarg logs onto Jobs biopic - December 18, 2014
- Dumb guys want Carrey for Deep Cover - December 18, 2014
- North Korea responsible for Sony attack - December 18, 2014
- Sony not releasing The Interview now - December 18, 2014
- Trailer : Alien Outpost - December 17, 2014
- Peter Dinklage vs. girly Ghostbusters? - December 17, 2014
- Cinemas dropping The Interview after threats - December 17, 2014
- The Water Diviner - December 17, 2014
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.