Sam Raimi surprised Comic-Con attendees today – firstly, by showing up unannounced – with news of an “Evil Dead” TV series.
Raimi, who directed the original “Evil Dead” series and produced the 2013 remake, is working with brother Ivan on the small-screen series.
While Raimi didn’t offer any insight into whether the show might fix on original series hero Ash, he did say Bruce Campbell – the face behind the chainsaw-wielding slayer- will be involved in some capacity.
The “Spider-Man” director also confirmed that he’s bringing the video game “The Last of Us” to the big screen. Neil Druckmann, who wrote the game, is also writing the film. Though nothing is set in stone (or throne), Raimi and Druckmann both revealed that they’ve met with “Game of Thrones” actress Maisie Williams about playing the film’s lead, survivor Ellie.
Sadly, no update on the film on the film Raimi promised us a year or so ago (was it at Comic-Con when he announced it? think it was), “Army of Darkness 2″.
- Netflix’s Daredevil shows us a Kingpin! - March 3, 2015
- Star Wars spin-off writer ripostes! - March 3, 2015
- Lily Allen in Fifty Shades Darker? - March 3, 2015
- Sounds as good as official : Michael Biehn’s back for Alien 5 - March 3, 2015
- Superhero Bits : Supergirl, Suicide Squad, Batman - March 3, 2015
- Red-Band Trailer : Get Hard - March 3, 2015
- Casting : Black, Cuban, Berg, Rousey, Uwais, Dornan, Murphy - March 3, 2015
- Killing alum is Shondra’s latest Catch - March 3, 2015
- Orphan Black season 3 trailer - March 3, 2015
- Valderrama joins that Minority Report show - March 3, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.