In the “Secret Service” comic book, Mark Hamill plays himself – albeit briefly. Seems Matthew Vaughn, director of the feature adaptation (titled “Kingsman : The Secret Service”), didn’t do a scene-for-scene transfer of the book… but he did bring back Hamill. Only, he’s not playing himself.
A new still from the film confirms that the “Star Wars” star is actually playing a character this time around, Professor Arnold.
“Kingsman : The Secret Service”, starring Colin Firth, Taron Egerton, Michael Caine, Samuel L. Jackson, and Mark Strong, opens in October.
Via ‘Coming Soon‘
Meanwhile, Hamill has been chatting to the press – though in no great detail – about reprising Luke Skywalker for “Star Wars Episode II”.
Suggesting his character will be somewhat of an Obi-Wan Kenobi hermit in the film, the actor said he was forced to grow the beard for the movie.
It’s an “unexpected gift” getting to return to the series he left 30 years ago, Hamill tells the BBC.
- HBO’s 2015 preview - December 22, 2014
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014