In the “Secret Service” comic book, Mark Hamill plays himself – albeit briefly. Seems Matthew Vaughn, director of the feature adaptation (titled “Kingsman : The Secret Service”), didn’t do a scene-for-scene transfer of the book… but he did bring back Hamill. Only, he’s not playing himself.
A new still from the film confirms that the “Star Wars” star is actually playing a character this time around, Professor Arnold.
“Kingsman : The Secret Service”, starring Colin Firth, Taron Egerton, Michael Caine, Samuel L. Jackson, and Mark Strong, opens in October.
Via ‘Coming Soon‘
Meanwhile, Hamill has been chatting to the press – though in no great detail – about reprising Luke Skywalker for “Star Wars Episode II”.
Suggesting his character will be somewhat of an Obi-Wan Kenobi hermit in the film, the actor said he was forced to grow the beard for the movie.
It’s an “unexpected gift” getting to return to the series he left 30 years ago, Hamill tells the BBC.
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015
- Xena, Warrior Princess moving to Salem - January 15, 2015
- New Gunman poster! - January 15, 2015
- Trailer : The Wrecking Crew - January 15, 2015