In the “Secret Service” comic book, Mark Hamill plays himself – albeit briefly. Seems Matthew Vaughn, director of the feature adaptation (titled “Kingsman : The Secret Service”), didn’t do a scene-for-scene transfer of the book… but he did bring back Hamill. Only, he’s not playing himself.
A new still from the film confirms that the “Star Wars” star is actually playing a character this time around, Professor Arnold.
“Kingsman : The Secret Service”, starring Colin Firth, Taron Egerton, Michael Caine, Samuel L. Jackson, and Mark Strong, opens in October.
Via ‘Coming Soon‘
Meanwhile, Hamill has been chatting to the press – though in no great detail – about reprising Luke Skywalker for “Star Wars Episode II”.
Suggesting his character will be somewhat of an Obi-Wan Kenobi hermit in the film, the actor said he was forced to grow the beard for the movie.
It’s an “unexpected gift” getting to return to the series he left 30 years ago, Hamill tells the BBC.
- Trailer : Club Life - April 1, 2015
- Trailer : Unfreedom - April 1, 2015
- Fast & Furious 7 - March 31, 2015
- The Punisher returns for Black Sails - March 25, 2015
- My Name is Earl alum joins Mom - March 14, 2015
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015