So, about this “Tremors” reboot you may have heard about.
Don’t drop sweat blobs, yet.
The new film, currently casting for a September kick-off in South Africa (where quite a few of Universal’s recent direct-to-DVD sequels have been shot), is about as much a do-over as “Tron Legacy” or “Star Wars Episode VII”. In other words, it totally bows to the graboid of the original, and that includes paying respect to those who’ve previously done battle with the ‘mother hoppers’. So though there’s a couple of new, over-keen young cats in the film (with all their whiz-bang modern-day – didn’t have that in 1990 stuff – contraptions) there’s one big stout link to the original films – and that’s Burt Gummer (or ‘The Gummer’ as he’s nicknamed in this). And as if we’d want it any other way, Michael Gross is back to reprise the role of the heavily-armed monster-buster.
Don Michael Paul, currently on “Jarhead 2″ starring Cole Hauser and Esai Morales, is lensing “Tremors 5″ (and yes, that’s the title on the script).
It might kick off the series again, but the new film is more sequel than redo.
- Lively, Clarke set for Forster’s All I See is You - February 27, 2015
- Sands files Minority Report - February 27, 2015
- Blomkamp’s statement on Alien plans misconstrued - February 27, 2015
- Routh gets Lost, West in the Money - February 26, 2015
- Billy Lynn nabs Alwyn, eyes Hedlund - February 26, 2015
- Spidey could remain Peter Parker after all - February 26, 2015
- Virginia Madsen to experience Joy - February 26, 2015
- Voges, Zombie reunite for 31 - February 26, 2015
- Schwarzenegger back for Terminator 6 - February 26, 2015
- When does the next Star Wars trailer hit? - February 26, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.