A few days back Benedict Cumberbatch unintentionally slipped that his “Star Trek Into Darkness” co-star Simon Pegg has reunited with that film’s director JJ Abrams for the new “Star Wars” movie.
Vulture managed to get hold of Pegg, and straight-up asked him if he was in “Star Wars Episode VII”.
Well, J.J. uses me in different roles, and we’re good friends. I feel like my face in Star Wars would pop people out of the movie. Look, I love Star Wars, and I don’t want people to watch and go, Oh, there’s Simon Pegg’s face. The film is cleverly cast with these amazing, unknown actors.
So, you’re not in the movie?
[Smiles.] Of course I visited the set. It’s amazing, and I love Star Wars. I want to see everything happening. It looks wonderful, and you need to believe those characters. Any type of stunt casting might just pop you out of the movie.
Some have suggested that Pegg is merely voicing a character or will be cloaked under prosthetic, playing an alien of some sort. Guess we’ll find out come December 2015… or when TMZ publish the set pics featuring Pegg.
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015
- Xena, Warrior Princess moving to Salem - January 15, 2015
- New Gunman poster! - January 15, 2015
- Trailer : The Wrecking Crew - January 15, 2015