Alex Kurtzman, best known as as a writer on the “Transformers” and “Star Trek” films, will direct a new film based on classic Universal movie monster “The Mummy”.
A couple of weeks ago Chris Morgan (“Fast & Furious”) and Kurtzman were named as the shepherds for a series of new films based on the classic horror fiends of yesteryear – like Frankenstein, The Wolfman and The Mummy. A reboot of “The Mummy” franchise is the first one to go.
Universal had been trying to get a new “Mummy” movie off the ground for quite a while, at different stages enticing Len Wiseman and Andy Muschietti to direct.
Stephen Sommers directed the previous”Mummy” reboot.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014