Alex Kurtzman, best known as as a writer on the “Transformers” and “Star Trek” films, will direct a new film based on classic Universal movie monster “The Mummy”.
A couple of weeks ago Chris Morgan (“Fast & Furious”) and Kurtzman were named as the shepherds for a series of new films based on the classic horror fiends of yesteryear – like Frankenstein, The Wolfman and The Mummy. A reboot of “The Mummy” franchise is the first one to go.
Universal had been trying to get a new “Mummy” movie off the ground for quite a while, at different stages enticing Len Wiseman and Andy Muschietti to direct.
Stephen Sommers directed the previous”Mummy” reboot.
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015
- Xena, Warrior Princess moving to Salem - January 15, 2015
- New Gunman poster! - January 15, 2015
- Trailer : The Wrecking Crew - January 15, 2015
- Wong Kar Wai producing Zhang’s directorial debt - January 15, 2015