Lorde is set to pen the first single for “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1” soundtrack.
The young musician will also curate the soundtrack, hand picking each artist to contribute to the film and album, Lionsgate announced yesterday.
Lorde, a multiplatinum GRAMMY® Award-winning artist, is excited about her role on the project.
“Curating the soundtrack for such a hotly-anticipated film was a challenge, but I jumped at the chance,” said Lorde. “The cast and story are an inspiration for all musicians participating and, as someone with cinematic leanings, being privy to a different creative process has been a unique experience. I think the soundtrack is definitely going to surprise people.”
“I sat down with Lorde on the set of “Mockingjay” this spring and I was immediately struck by how she so innately understood what we, as both fans and filmmakers, were trying to accomplish with the film,” said director Francis Lawrence. “Her immense talent and keen understanding of “Mockingjay’s” characters and themes not only have enabled her to create a song of her own that completely captures the film’s essence, but her insight and passion for our project make her the perfect creative force to assemble the other songs on our soundtrack. I can’t wait to share what she’s done with the fans — it is truly remarkable.”
“The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1” is the third instalment in the film adaptation of Susanne Collin’s bestselling trilogy. Starring Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Hemsworth and Josh Hutcherson, the film will bow on November 21.
- Masi Oka returning for Heroes Reborn - March 28, 2015
- Walking Dead companion series gets a title - March 28, 2015
- New Terminator Genisys TV spot debuts new footage - March 28, 2015
- Teaser Trailer: Mad Max: Fury Road - March 28, 2015
- Avengers featurette introduces Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver - March 28, 2015
- Supermodel Alessandra Ambrosio joins TMNT2 - March 28, 2015
- Fox nabs The Leviathan - March 28, 2015
- Teaser Trailer: Spectre - March 28, 2015
- Deadpool gets sassy in first image - March 28, 2015
- Final poster for The Age of Adaline - March 27, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.