Occupant Entertainment and Deep Silver, the video game publishing label of Koch Media, have announced their plans to package, produce and finance a film adaptation of the video game franchise “Dead Island”.
The film, which is expected to go before the cameras first quarter next year, will be set on an island tropical resort that suddenly becomes infested with zombies.
A filmmaker has yet to be attached.
“Deep Silver has created a highly successful game franchise based on very cinematic, widely viewed and well received trailers, which provide a great template for launching a film franchise with a distinctive and commercial take on the zombie apocalypse,” says Occupant partners Joe Neurauter and Felipe Marino.
Lionsgate had previously tried to get a “Dead Island” movie up.
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015