Occupant Entertainment and Deep Silver, the video game publishing label of Koch Media, have announced their plans to package, produce and finance a film adaptation of the video game franchise “Dead Island”.
The film, which is expected to go before the cameras first quarter next year, will be set on an island tropical resort that suddenly becomes infested with zombies.
A filmmaker has yet to be attached.
“Deep Silver has created a highly successful game franchise based on very cinematic, widely viewed and well received trailers, which provide a great template for launching a film franchise with a distinctive and commercial take on the zombie apocalypse,” says Occupant partners Joe Neurauter and Felipe Marino.
Lionsgate had previously tried to get a “Dead Island” movie up.
- Trailer : Club Life - April 1, 2015
- Trailer : Unfreedom - April 1, 2015
- Fast & Furious 7 - March 31, 2015
- The Punisher returns for Black Sails - March 25, 2015
- My Name is Earl alum joins Mom - March 14, 2015
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015