“Bridesmaids” helmer Paul Feig is in talks to direct and produce Sony’s “Ghostbusters” comedy reboot.
Feig is not helming “Ghostbusters 3″ or another sequel, in any sense of the word, as has been incorrectly reported.
The movie is a total reboot most likely with female characters played by comedic actresses in the ghostbusting roles, according to sources. The script will be written from scratch.
The director and the studio have been in discussion however a deal is far from done as no formal negotiations have yet taken place.
Variety reports that the reboot of the 1984 original film is likely to star female Ghostbusters played by comedic actresses (Melissa McCarthy is a likely candidate – Ed).
In that case, Feig could be the perfect director, having proved he can pull off the female driven comedy genre with “Bridesmaids” and “The Heat”.
The director has several new scripts in development at Fox that will likely be ready to go while he’s at work on “Spy” so this “Ghostbusters” fem reboot will not necessarily be his next film.
A “Ghostbusters 3” sequel is also said to be in the works with original “Ghostbusters” director Ivan Reitman initially on board to helm. He has since dropped out of the project, however it has been reported that “Ghostbusters 3” is a completely separate project from the reboot.
“Ghostbusters 3″ was initially supposed to be directed by Ivan Reitman, the director of the original “Ghostbusters” and its 1989 follow-up, “Ghostbusters II,” but he dropped out in March. It’s unclear whether another director will be chosen for that project or if this reboot will take its place.
Best bet is that this project would take the place of a “Ghostbusters 3″ – and they’ll just throw Dan Ayrkoyd, Sigourney Weaver etc a bone by having them cameo.
- Rogers boards Life at these Speeds - November 12, 2014
- David, Brewster join Community - November 10, 2014
- Disney skeds Zootopia, Moana - November 10, 2014
- Trailer for Girls‘ fourth season hits! - November 8, 2014
- More Lemony Snicket Coming! - November 6, 2014
- McConaughey moving to Free State - November 6, 2014
- Naomi Watts is Shut In - November 6, 2014
- Laura Dern’s football movie kicks off - November 5, 2014
- Fassbender may play Steve Jobs - November 5, 2014
- Potter conjures up Now You See Me 2 - November 4, 2014
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.