In France to promote the now Torrent-outlawed “Expendables 3″, Sylvester Stallone revealed that he’s not done with sequels. Not by a long shot.
While speaking at the press conference for the second sequel to this aging action hero actioner, The 68-year-old confirmed plans for a “Rambo V” and fourth “Expendables”.
The on-again off-again on-again “Rambo V” – which production co Millennium Films later confirmed via Facebook – sees the War-scarred vet taking on human traffikers who work the Mexican border. Stallone told the media that he’s hoping to make something a little classier than the usual actioner with the film, referring to the Coen Bros’ “No Country for Old Men” as the film he hopes “Rambo V” will mimic.
A fourth “Expendables” movie is also – not surprisingly – on the cards, with Stallone winning over the French by declaring to use local legend Christophert Lambert (“Highlander”) in it. “I would like him as a good guy”, said Stallone, “I actually thought about it for [Expendables] 3, but there just wasn’t in room for him.”
Stallone also confessed interest in using fellow Frenchman Jean Reno (“Leon : The Professional”) in a future “Expendables”, as well as – though we’re not sure if he was serious or not – filmmaker Luc Besson. “I would like Luc to play the villain”, Stallone said.
Though not mentioned at the media junket, Stallone’s also expected to reprise Rocky Balboa for the new spin-off “Creed” starring Michael B.Jordan.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014