On the back of a stellar opening, Paramount has announced that a “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” sequel is in the works.
Pencilled in for June 3, 2016, the “Ninja Turtles” sequel will see Josh Appelbaum and André Nemec return to pen the script. They will also exec produce.
Michael Bay will also return to produce with his Platinum Dunes partners Andrew Form and Brad Fuller along with Galen Walker and Scott Mednick.
As for the director, it is not yet known whether Jonathan Liebsman will return to helm or if the sequel will go in a different direction.
A surprise hit, “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” bowed last weekend to a $65 million plus domestic opening.
“The result exceeded our high expectations and the response to the film is beyond great, making it all the more fun to get started on the continuation of their story,” said Adam Goodman, President of Paramount’s Film Group in a statement.
The second instalment will face off against Sony’s Jonah Hill/Seth Rogen starer “Sausage Party”.
- Moore, Redmayne, Birdman, OITNB among winners at SAG Awards - January 26, 2015
- Birdman soars at PGA Awards - January 26, 2015
- Jack Black comedy The D Train sells to IFC for $3 million - January 26, 2015
- Rogers boards Life at these Speeds - November 12, 2014
- David, Brewster join Community - November 10, 2014
- Disney skeds Zootopia, Moana - November 10, 2014
- Trailer for Girls‘ fourth season hits! - November 8, 2014
- More Lemony Snicket Coming! - November 6, 2014
- McConaughey moving to Free State - November 6, 2014
- Naomi Watts is Shut In - November 6, 2014
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.