Mike Epps and Anne Hathaway are the frontrunners to star in a biopic about famed comic Richard Pryor, says Deadline.
Epps would play the comedian and actor, while Hathaway would play Jennifer Lee Pryor.
The Weinstein Co production, which Lee Daniels (“The Butler”) is directing, has Epps, Michael B.Jordan, Marlon Wayans and Nick Cannon on their contenders list for Pryor; all have reportedly screen tested for the part. Epps, known for his roles in such films as “Next Friday” and “The Hangover”, has emerged as the frontrunner after reportedly blowing the brass away in his audition.
Kate Hudson is said to also be a contender for the part Hathaway has been approached for.
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015
- Xena, Warrior Princess moving to Salem - January 15, 2015
- New Gunman poster! - January 15, 2015
- Trailer : The Wrecking Crew - January 15, 2015