Mike Epps and Anne Hathaway are the frontrunners to star in a biopic about famed comic Richard Pryor, says Deadline.
Epps would play the comedian and actor, while Hathaway would play Jennifer Lee Pryor.
The Weinstein Co production, which Lee Daniels (“The Butler”) is directing, has Epps, Michael B.Jordan, Marlon Wayans and Nick Cannon on their contenders list for Pryor; all have reportedly screen tested for the part. Epps, known for his roles in such films as “Next Friday” and “The Hangover”, has emerged as the frontrunner after reportedly blowing the brass away in his audition.
Kate Hudson is said to also be a contender for the part Hathaway has been approached for.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014