Mike Epps and Anne Hathaway are the frontrunners to star in a biopic about famed comic Richard Pryor, says Deadline.
Epps would play the comedian and actor, while Hathaway would play Jennifer Lee Pryor.
The Weinstein Co production, which Lee Daniels (“The Butler”) is directing, has Epps, Michael B.Jordan, Marlon Wayans and Nick Cannon on their contenders list for Pryor; all have reportedly screen tested for the part. Epps, known for his roles in such films as “Next Friday” and “The Hangover”, has emerged as the frontrunner after reportedly blowing the brass away in his audition.
Kate Hudson is said to also be a contender for the part Hathaway has been approached for.
- Trailer : Club Life - April 1, 2015
- Trailer : Unfreedom - April 1, 2015
- Fast & Furious 7 - March 31, 2015
- The Punisher returns for Black Sails - March 25, 2015
- My Name is Earl alum joins Mom - March 14, 2015
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015