New Line has set Carey and Chad Hayes to write a further two “Journey to the Center of the Earth” sequels, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Dwayne Johnson and Josh Hutcherson would return for the sequels, which might be shot back-to-back.
Though initial plans for a third “Journey” involved placing the main characters into the plot of Jules Verne’s “From Earth to the Moon”, the Hayes’ brothers (“The Conjuring”) are said to be working on something different.
The Hayes’ brothers recently worked with Dwayne Johnson on “San Andreas”.
- The Punisher returns for Black Sails - March 25, 2015
- My Name is Earl alum joins Mom - March 14, 2015
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015