New Line has set Carey and Chad Hayes to write a further two “Journey to the Center of the Earth” sequels, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Dwayne Johnson and Josh Hutcherson would return for the sequels, which might be shot back-to-back.
Though initial plans for a third “Journey” involved placing the main characters into the plot of Jules Verne’s “From Earth to the Moon”, the Hayes’ brothers (“The Conjuring”) are said to be working on something different.
The Hayes’ brothers recently worked with Dwayne Johnson on “San Andreas”.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014