If only for the tax break, Disney are looking at shooting the fifth “Pirates of the Caribbean” downunder, according to Deadline.
Disney is considering shooting “Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales” on the Gold Coast in early 2015.
Last year, the Australian government confirmed it would give Disney a one-off payment of A$21.6M (US$20.14M) to shoot David Fincher’s “20,000 Leagues Under The Sea: Captain Nemo” in Australia. But with the latter project on pause, it’s understood Disney are looking to to transfer the incentive to their fifth “Pirates”.
Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg will direct “Pirates”, with Johnny Depp back in the boat as Captain Sparrow.
- HBO’s 2015 preview - December 22, 2014
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014