Sigourney Weaver has joined Felicity Jones and Liam Neeson in the feature adaptation of Patrick Ness’ award-winning children’s fantasy novel “A Monster Calls”, says The Hollywood Reporter.
Juan Antonio Bayona (”The Impossible”) is directing the movie, which “is about a young boy who attempts to deal with bullying at the hands of his classmates, and his mother’s terminal illness, by escaping into a fantastical world through the guidance of a tree monster.”
Weaver will play the boy’s grandmother.
Jones is playing the mother, Neeson is the monster.
“A Monster Calls” hits theaters Oct. 14, 2016.
Meanwhile, the trade says Weaver recently knocked back a role in the “Expendables” spin-off “Expendabelles”… suggesting she’s all class.
- Trailer : Club Life - April 1, 2015
- Trailer : Unfreedom - April 1, 2015
- Fast & Furious 7 - March 31, 2015
- The Punisher returns for Black Sails - March 25, 2015
- My Name is Earl alum joins Mom - March 14, 2015
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015