Keanu Reeves is headed to TV – yep, seems “47 Ronin” did that badly.
The “Speed” star is attached to star in a TV adaptation of Barry Eisler’s John Rain books, according to Deadline.
In addition to producing the ‘limited series’, Reeves would also play Rain, an assassin with high principles (he won’t kill women or children) who makes victims look like they died from natural causes.
There’s no network attached to the project yet.
Meanwhile, plans are also afoot to bring Reeves’ 1997 movie “The Devil’s Advocate” to the small screen – without him.
NBC have teamed with the film’s original producers John Wells and Arnold Kopelson to do a TV series version. Matt Venne (”Bag of Bones”) is penning the script.
The film, directed by Taylor Hackford, starred Reeves, Al Pacino, and Charlize Theron.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014