Keanu Reeves is headed to TV – yep, seems “47 Ronin” did that badly.
The “Speed” star is attached to star in a TV adaptation of Barry Eisler’s John Rain books, according to Deadline.
In addition to producing the ‘limited series’, Reeves would also play Rain, an assassin with high principles (he won’t kill women or children) who makes victims look like they died from natural causes.
There’s no network attached to the project yet.
Meanwhile, plans are also afoot to bring Reeves’ 1997 movie “The Devil’s Advocate” to the small screen – without him.
NBC have teamed with the film’s original producers John Wells and Arnold Kopelson to do a TV series version. Matt Venne (”Bag of Bones”) is penning the script.
The film, directed by Taylor Hackford, starred Reeves, Al Pacino, and Charlize Theron.
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015