Assuming it’s not fluffed, Dwayne Johnson has just confirmed he’s starring in a feature film adaptation of the DC Comic series “Shazam”.
This would assumingly be the superhero project that Johnson has been hinting – via the social networks – that he’s onboard.
“I can not say now if (my role) is Shazam and Black Adam. We’ve been developing for some time and have been a fan of anti-heroes. And this particular I think that we will make justice. I’m putting my heart and soul into this role.”
While Johnson didn’t confirm whether or not he cameos as [either Shazam or Black Adam] in “Batman v Superman”, before getting his solo movie, he does say his film will be connected to it.
This isn’t the first time Johnson’s been linked with a “Shazam” movie; in 2006 he was attached to a Peter Segal-directed incarnation, which would’ve seen him play the main adversary. Seems the project is one Johnson hasn’t gone cold on over the past 8 years, and when the opportunity came to be a part of it [again], he’s lunged at it with fervor.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014