Quentin Tarantino’s “The Hateful Eight” is gearing up for principal photography, but before then the famed filmmaker’s got a couple of slots that seemingly need filling.
According to Collider, “Hunger Games” star Jennifer Lawrence is in talks to play the film’s only female character. Interestingly enough, Amber Tambyn read that role when a scripting reading of “Hateful Eight” was held in Los Angeles earlier this year, so it’d seem she’s out.
The Wrap’s Jeff Sneider checked in with Lawrence’s reps who denied that she’s involved in the film – but, of course, that doesn’t mean she won’t end up being in it (you know how these things work, right?).
Meanwhile, Justin Kroll of Variety says he’s heard that Evan Rachel Wood (“True Blood”), new “Grey’s Anatomy” recruit Geena Davis, and Hilary Swank (“Million Dollar Baby”) have met for the movie. Can’t imagine youngsters like Evan Rachel Wood and Hilary Swank would be up for the same part as Geena Davis, but the script does only feature one main female role so…
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014