Quentin Tarantino’s “The Hateful Eight” is gearing up for principal photography, but before then the famed filmmaker’s got a couple of slots that seemingly need filling.
According to Collider, “Hunger Games” star Jennifer Lawrence is in talks to play the film’s only female character. Interestingly enough, Amber Tambyn read that role when a scripting reading of “Hateful Eight” was held in Los Angeles earlier this year, so it’d seem she’s out.
The Wrap’s Jeff Sneider checked in with Lawrence’s reps who denied that she’s involved in the film – but, of course, that doesn’t mean she won’t end up being in it (you know how these things work, right?).
Meanwhile, Justin Kroll of Variety says he’s heard that Evan Rachel Wood (“True Blood”), new “Grey’s Anatomy” recruit Geena Davis, and Hilary Swank (“Million Dollar Baby”) have met for the movie. Can’t imagine youngsters like Evan Rachel Wood and Hilary Swank would be up for the same part as Geena Davis, but the script does only feature one main female role so…
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015