Good Universe announced today that David Frankel (“Marley and Me”) will direct the sci-fi/romance “Departure” from an original script by Billy Ray (“The Hunger Games”). Jim Whitaker (“American Gangster”) and Ray will produce.
Joe Drake and Nathan Kahane will executive produce alongside John Middleton and Roy Lee. Spencer Wong will oversee the project for Good Universe and Adam Borba for Whitaker Entertainment.
“David is a brilliant director and a class act. We are simply over the moon to be working with him again and bringing Billy’s amazing script to life,” said Kahane, Co-Founder of Good Universe.
Based on true stories of documented but never-explained avionic phenomenon, DEPARTURE follows a brilliant man in 1973 Miami investigating how a 727 suddenly vanished into thin air and then reappeared in the exact same spot ten minutes later. As mysterious occurrences continue to transpire with increasing frequency in the skies, the investigation becomes personal when the love of his life is on one of the planes affected.
The story is inspired by the book “Ghosts of the Air” by Martin Caidin, which documents real accounts from pilots who have experienced flight anomalies.
- Fast & Furious 7 - March 31, 2015
- The Punisher returns for Black Sails - March 25, 2015
- My Name is Earl alum joins Mom - March 14, 2015
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015