Good Universe announced today that David Frankel (“Marley and Me”) will direct the sci-fi/romance “Departure” from an original script by Billy Ray (“The Hunger Games”). Jim Whitaker (“American Gangster”) and Ray will produce.
Joe Drake and Nathan Kahane will executive produce alongside John Middleton and Roy Lee. Spencer Wong will oversee the project for Good Universe and Adam Borba for Whitaker Entertainment.
“David is a brilliant director and a class act. We are simply over the moon to be working with him again and bringing Billy’s amazing script to life,” said Kahane, Co-Founder of Good Universe.
Based on true stories of documented but never-explained avionic phenomenon, DEPARTURE follows a brilliant man in 1973 Miami investigating how a 727 suddenly vanished into thin air and then reappeared in the exact same spot ten minutes later. As mysterious occurrences continue to transpire with increasing frequency in the skies, the investigation becomes personal when the love of his life is on one of the planes affected.
The story is inspired by the book “Ghosts of the Air” by Martin Caidin, which documents real accounts from pilots who have experienced flight anomalies.
- HBO’s 2015 preview - December 22, 2014
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014