Good Universe announced today that David Frankel (“Marley and Me”) will direct the sci-fi/romance “Departure” from an original script by Billy Ray (“The Hunger Games”). Jim Whitaker (“American Gangster”) and Ray will produce.
Joe Drake and Nathan Kahane will executive produce alongside John Middleton and Roy Lee. Spencer Wong will oversee the project for Good Universe and Adam Borba for Whitaker Entertainment.
“David is a brilliant director and a class act. We are simply over the moon to be working with him again and bringing Billy’s amazing script to life,” said Kahane, Co-Founder of Good Universe.
Based on true stories of documented but never-explained avionic phenomenon, DEPARTURE follows a brilliant man in 1973 Miami investigating how a 727 suddenly vanished into thin air and then reappeared in the exact same spot ten minutes later. As mysterious occurrences continue to transpire with increasing frequency in the skies, the investigation becomes personal when the love of his life is on one of the planes affected.
The story is inspired by the book “Ghosts of the Air” by Martin Caidin, which documents real accounts from pilots who have experienced flight anomalies.
- Lionsgate remaking Cube - May 1, 2015
- New Terminator : Genisys poster gives away a big spoiler! - May 1, 2015
- Simmons, Hirsch starring in The Runaway - May 1, 2015
- New Spectre video blog, stills - May 1, 2015
- Another solid science-fiction series cancelled - May 1, 2015
- Binge watch Duchovny’s Aquarius! - May 1, 2015
- Damien switches networks - May 1, 2015
- Trailer : Club Life - April 1, 2015
- Trailer : Unfreedom - April 1, 2015
- Fast & Furious 7 - March 31, 2015