Turner’s TNT is revealing the principal cast of ”Raised by Wolves”, the highly anticipated serialized sci-fi series from master storyteller and filmmaker Ridley Scott (”The Martian”, ”Blade Runner”, ”Alien: Covenant”), marking his television directorial debut. Acclaimed writer Aaron Guzikowski, the visionary behind the highly lauded film Prisoners, will serve as writer and showrunner. Production begins in Cape Town, South Africa this month.
”Raised by Wolves” centers on two androids tasked with raising human children on a mysterious virgin planet. As the burgeoning colony of humans threatens to be torn apart by religious differences the androids learn that controlling the beliefs of humans is a treacherous and difficult task.
The talented roster of actors includes:
· Amanda Collin (”A Conspiracy of Faith”, ”A Horrible Woman”) will play Mother, an android with a secret past who has been programmed to raise a brood of human children on a faraway planet. In addition to teaching her children to survive, Mother must also keep them from believing in the unreal; to ensure this virgin planet isn’t torn apart by the same religious differences that lead the Earth to its ultimate destruction. Mother hopes her family will serve as the nucleus for a peaceful, technocratic colony — a new beginning for humanity. But as she struggles to mold these growing humans, she also begins uncovering secrets hidden within her own programming, secrets that could help her protect her family, but could just as easily destroy them.
· Abubakar Salim (”Fortitude”, ”Jamestown”) will play Father, an android whose devotion to his human children is matched only by his devotion to Mother. Father is a considerably less complex model than Mother, but thanks to his wisdom and patience, he is no less important to the family’s survival. Like many human fathers, Father wants to be funny — especially in the eyes of Mother — but it’s a skill he often struggles with. What he is good at is always being there when you need him.
· Winta McGrath (”Aloft”, ”Red Dog: True Blue”) will play Campion, a scrappy and soulful 12-year-old boy who was raised by Mother and Father since birth. When a ship of humans arrives from Earth, Campion is exposed to followers of religion for the first time in his life, and starts to question whether his android parents really know what’s best for him.
· Travis Fimmel (”Vikings”) will play Marcus, a roguish, charismatic soldier, who was the ultimate survivor back on Earth. To escape the doomed planet, Marcus and his wife Sue made a dangerous decision that they must keep secret at all costs. But now that they’ve arrived in the new world, Marcus is struggling to reconcile the sins of his past, even as he continues to embrace the killer instincts that always kept him alive in the first place.
· Niamh Algar (”The Virtues”, ”Calm With Horses”) will play Sue, a strong, resourceful combat medic who put aside her reservations about coming to this new planet at the urging of her husband Marcus. But as the planet’s mysteries and dangers threaten to upend the promise of a new life, Sue questions whether they have compromised too much in the name of survival.
· Felix Jamieson (”Game of Thrones”, ”The Ghost”) will play Paul, Sue and Marcus’ 12-year old son, a boy of unshakable faith in both his religion and his father. Having always felt like an outsider back on Earth, Paul strikes up a complicated friendship — and rivalry — with Campion. Though the two young men begin to learn from one another, they also begin to challenge one another.
· Ethan Hazzard (”The Long Song”, ”Damned”) will play the highly intelligent Hunter, age 17. His father was a high-ranking member of a powerful religious order back on Earth. But now that the hierarchy he once sat atop no longer exists, Hunter must learn what it’s like to be just like everybody else.
· Jordan Loughran (”The Infiltrator”, ”Emerald City”) will play Tempest, 17. Raised with a religion she never really believed in, she sees Mother and Father as superior to the human guardians who so often let her down. Soon after arriving in the new world, Tempest discovers she is pregnant; the result of a rape she suffered at the hands of a high-ranking member of her church.
· Aasiya Shah (”Call the Midwife”, ”Unforgotten”) will play Holly, 15, a burgeoning warrior who is trying to find her place in this strange new world.
· Ivy Wong (”Star Wars: Rogue One”, ”Maleficent 2”) will play Vita, 6, the youngest member of the family, but also the most fearless.
We nearly had a Josie and the Pussycats ‘Du Jour’ spin-off!
Actor Breckin Meyer says Netflix were offered their own boy band!
Actor Breckin Meyer, appearing at this past weekend’s “Clueless” reunion panel at C2E2, told attendees that he’d spoken to Netflix about a spin-off of 2001 comedy “Josie and the Pussycats”.
The actor confirmed that he, co-star Seth Green and the film’s directors, Harry Elfont and Deborah Kaplan (also Meyer’s ex-wife), pitched the streamer a mockumentary that would’ve featured the fictional boy band ‘Du Jour’ from the movie.
You’ll recall, Meyer and Green played members of the pop group, alongside Donald Faison (also on the “Clueless” panel) and Alexander Martin.
“It was right when the Backstreet Boys were doing their big comeback – so we tried that, but it didn’t take” says Meyer, also an accomplished writer, whose credits include “Star Wars Detours”, “Robot Chicken” and “Men at Work”.
Can we please revisit the idea, Netflix!?
Fun casting for IG-88 in The Mandalorian
The upcoming live-action “Star Wars” series set to premiere on Disney Plus
“Thor Ragnarok” helmer Taika Waititi recently shot an episode of Disney Plus’s “The Mandalorian” – the live-action “Star Wars” TV series that will feature, among others, fan-fave Boba Fett – and now it’s being revealed he’s also playing a character in it.
Showrunner and executive producer Jon Favreau (“Iron Man”) has posted a behind-the-scenes pic on Instagram of the beloved filmmaker recording his voice for the part of bounty hunter IG-88. The droid character is best known for his appearance in “The Empire Strikes Back” but he didn’t speak in his brief moments on screen.
Waititi, you may recall, also voiced a part in “Thor Ragnarok” – that of amiable Kiwi rock-guy Korg.
“The Mandalorian” is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.
View this post on Instagram
Supernatural comes to an end : Season 15 is it!
The CW series will conclude later this year
“Supernatural” will end it’s record-breaking run with the upcoming 15th season, stars Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles and Misha Collins announced today on Insta.
“Well, it’s official. One more round for the Winchester brothers,” Ackles wrote in the caption. “Though nothing ever really ends in ‘Supernatural’… does it?”
Executive producers Robert Singer and Andrew Dabb also confirmed the end of the long-running CW drama.
“Firstly, we would like to thank all the people who have been involved with the show both in front of and behind the camera,” the duo wrote in a statement published by THR. “For us it has been an experience of a lifetime.”
“The support we have had from both Warner Bros Television and The CW has been incredible,” Singer and Dabb continued. “We’d like to give special thanks to Jensen, Jared and Misha for making this journey so special. It is now most important to us to give these characters that we love the sendoff they deserve.”
“Supernatural”, which first aired on The WB in 2005, is the long-running sci-fi/genre series in American broadcast television history.
The CW has attempted to launch a couple of “Supernatural” spin-offs over the years but CW president Mark Pedowitz has since said he’s given up on that idea, convinced the spin-offs never came together because they’re lacking the magical ingredient : Ackles and Padalecki.
The fifteenth episode of the series airs later this year.
The CW are now looking to a wave of new shows to help fill the void left by “Supernatural” and “Jane the Virgin”, which is also concluding, with punters sugegsting the new “Lost Boys” TV series, a “Nancy Drew” reboot and “Batwoman” starring Ruby Rose will be the net’s next-big-things.
#SPNFamily please remember: shows end. But family is forever. That never changes & that's what you've created here. All my love & thanks to the cast & crew & most of all you, the family. #spn @cw_spn@jarpad @JensenAckles @mishacollins @andrewdabb @serathegamble @ben_edlund https://t.co/LlExnMCDLD
— Eric Kripke (@therealKripke) March 22, 2019
— Misha Collins (@mishacollins) March 22, 2019
‘Supernatural’ To End After Season 15 On The CW https://t.co/GJh1X1rlZx via @deadline One of my most favorite experiences in front of the camera, was getting to kick it with The Winchesters many moons ago. @jarpad @JensenAckles you will be missed! ❤️✌🏿✊🏿
— Sterling K Brown (@SterlingKBrown) March 22, 2019
- Here’s the full cast for Jay and Silent Bob Reboot!
- Apple reveal streaming service, new channels, app
- Dragged Across Concrete review : Gibson is back!
- Michael B.Jordan to play 400-year-old man!
- Blumhouse rebooting The Craft
- We nearly had a Josie and the Pussycats ‘Du Jour’ spin-off!
- Original Justice League plans called for Lois Lane’s death
- ‘Snyder Cut’ of Justice League does exist, director confirms
- William Sadler will return for Bill & Ted 3. Excellent!
- New Spider-Man: Far From Home posters revealed, sending our friendly neighbourhood hero global
- Us review : a hell of a night at the movies
- The Dirt review : fast-paced and not suitable for children
- Clueless cast reunite to celebrate 25th Anniversary!
- Trailer : Dora and the Lost City of Gold
- Junkie XL scoring new Terminator
Get Moviehole News Updates!
Exclusive : The Ewoks will return!
A small-screen series featuring the Empire-hating creatures could be on the way
Exclusive : Whigham, Shannon reunite for The Quarry
Duo previously co-starred in Paramount mini-series "Waco"
Exclusive : Blood Moon set for May start ; casting update
A girl with unusual powers escapes from a mental asylum
Exclusive : Conjuring up Bewitched remake details!
In contention for the 2020-2021 ABC line-up
Exclusive : The A-lister that could’ve had Batman after Affleck
Before the studio and Reeves decided to go for a younger actor
At the Movies
- Exclusives1 week ago
Exclusive : The Ewoks will return!
- Movie News1 week ago
Forrest Gump 2 writer explains why sequel was cancelled
- Movie News6 days ago
Stallone, Lundgren reunite for Tunisia-bound Expendables 4
- Movie News6 days ago
Paramount “extremely confident” in new Terminator
- Movie News5 days ago
He-Man has been cast!
- Movie News1 week ago
And the official title for Coming to America 2 is….
- Movie News4 days ago
Danny DeVito offers Twins sequel update
- Movie News2 weeks ago
Marvel corrects Avengers : Endgame poster after backlash