Connect with us

Movie News

Trailer : Hellboy

David Harbour takes on the role of the horny hero in Neil Marshall-directed reboot

Caffeinated Clint

Published

on

The first trailer for the “Hellboy” trailer – which I’m glad to report doesn’t encompass any sort of origin story – releasing next April, has been released.

David Harbour, who takes over the role of the horny hero from Ron Perlman, tells EW : “He’s really going through a late adolescence. It comes from this relationship with his father, who on the one hand claims to love him and on the other hand lies to him about certain things and wants him to be this weapon in this world. It’s the fundamental paradox: ‘How are you feeling today, my serial killer of your fellow beings?’ Like wait, you want me to be this brutal machine but then you care how I feel?”

Apparently comic-book fans of the emerald avenger will be happy with the flick – just ask the star of the thing…

“If you’re a real fan of the Hellboy comics, we’re very devoted to that universe,” Harbour says. “Baba Yaga’s in it, and there are almost frame-for-frame recreations of these scenes. I love that. It is like the comic come to life. There’s a lot of CGI, but the majority of what we’re doing is practical in a certain way. There are scenes in the movie where it’s me and Baba Yaga, and it’s two practical monsters coming together and having a scene together. She’s crazy, the thing they do with her is amazing. There’s other stuff that isn’t practical, but we always have elements of the practical. I think you see a clip of the giant fight, and at one point he picks up one of their giant axes, and that was practical. A lot of the stunts were practical, and those things give it real weight and gravity. You feel that it’s me picking up this thing, so it’s messy in a certain way.”

Neil Marshall’s “Hellboy” stab, starring Harbour, Milla Jovovich, Ian McShane, Daniel Dae Kim, and Sasha Lane, unravels April 19, 2019.

Movie News

Original Bad Boys 3 director on why he quit the film

“I wasn’t servicing the story that I was really excited about” says filmmaker Joe Carnahan

Ali

Published

on

By

In a captivating melee with Collider, “A-Team” helmer Joe Carnahan reveals that he walked away from the third “Bad Boys” flick because he butted heads with star Will Smith.

The veteran action filmmaker was originally set to direct Sony’s “Bad Boys For Life”, which reteams Smith and Martin Lawrence as the loose lipped cops, but quit the project – in September 2017 – because his original vision for it had been watered down.

“Here’s the thing. I love Will, he’s a great guy. It’s just, you get to a point where … listen, I always say this… ‘Harrison Ford, Tom Cruise, Will Smith, you find me a motherf****r in the modern era that’s walked away from movies with those guys and is still working in some capacity.”

“I just know myself, man. And I thought what we were doing at that point was the law of diminishing returns. ‘I wasn’t servicing the story that I was really excited about telling, that the studio had greenlit. And again, this isn’t to throw shade at Will — it’s your face on the poster, it’s your name on the poster, you need to do things the way you want them done.”
Carnahan believes some of his ideas survive.

“I think they’re doing a portion of it — I had a sequence where they’re on a Gunbus, which is a German motorcycle. They changed it, now it’s like a sidecar, not a good idea, whatever [laughs]. It’s one of the greatest.”

Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah ultimately took the reigns on the film, which releases January 17, 2020.

Continue Reading

Movie News

Astin : Goonies will be rebooted

The cast had originally been hoping to reunite for a sequel

Ali

Published

on

By

Will there be a sequel to “The Goonies”?

Doubtful. That’s according to original star Sean Astin – ‘Mikey’ from the 1985 classic – who, for the longest time, remained unambiguously induced that there would one day be a sequel to the Richard Donner directed adventure classic.

The actor’s tune has since changed.

“For 20 years, my answer to the question was an unequivocal yes, there will be a sequel — it’s not a question of if, it’s a question of when. Just certainty,” the “Lord of the Rings” actor tells Collider. “Well…that’s gone. Now I think we’ve probably passed the threshold for which all of us original cast members are right for doing a sequel.”

Sean Astin

While Astin doesn’t expect he and his original co-stars – including Corey Feldman and Josh Brolin – will regroup for the once budding sequel, he does expect Warner Bros to resurrect the brand.

“It will be rebooted, which I will be fine with,” says Astin. “If it’s not as good as the original Goonies, that’s fine, who cares? I think [Steven] Spielberg has been waiting for whatever that magical, mystical secret sauce is and he hasn’t found it yet so he just hasn’t pulled the trigger yet. He’s so busy so I don’t even know if he could do it himself and you know, Dick Donner wants it.”

Astin recalls pitching Donner an idea for a “Goonies 2”.

“Corey Feldman and I put together a three-act treatment for it and we pitched it to Dick Donner and it never got made,” the actor reflects. “We pitched it to him and the whole time his eyes were closed…we thought it was really cool and afterwards he’s like ‘Boy, you guys really thought about this’ and we go ‘Yeah, yeah we have!’ and he goes ‘Yeah, we’re not doing that.’”

In a 2016 interview, Feldman echoed Astin, stating that he’d given up hope for a “Goonies” sequel.

“Richard Donner is 87 years old. And it’s like, no one really wants to make it without him. He’s the driving force behind it. He says it’s still alive. But as we all know…When you get to that age, things slow down quite a bit. There is a big possibility that he might not want to keep driving it. So, I think without him, it doesn’t happen. And every day that passes, that he doesn’t do it, there is less and less chance that it is ever going to happen at all.”

Continue Reading

Movie News

Spoiler Alert : Keanu Reeves joins Fast & Furious universe

Do not read on if you don’t want the film spoiled!

Avatar

Published

on

Do not read on if you don’t want the film spoiled!

OK… still there?

One more chance?

OK… shall we continue?

So…

“John Wick” star Keanu Reeves will play against type when he appears in this summer’s new “Fast & Furious” spin-off, “Hobbs & Shaw”.

According to That Hashtag Show, the actor’s secret role in the Jason Statham-Dwayne Statham two-hander is that of the big bad. In much the same way, the “Fast & Furious” franchise surprised fans when Jason Statham appeared on screen at the end of “Fast & Furious 5” to tease his appearance in further installments, Reeves will pop up in the film at the last moment to give cinemagoers an extra, unforeseen thrill before they make the trek home from the theater.

Keanu Reeves

Says the site, “In the last outing for Fast & Furious, we learned the identity of the driving force behind all of Dominic Toretto’s miseries: Cipher. Charlize Theron played Cipher to chilling perfection, taunting and manipulating Dom to his breaking point. Fast & Furious 8 saw the first team-up between Hobbs & Shaw. That paring was the inspiration for the new spin-off series. Like Cipher before, there will be a new background baddie pulling the strings for the new, odd couple offset from the main franchise. That villain will be none other than Keanu Reeves.

Right now we don’t have any more details about the exact role Reeves will play in Hobbs & Shaw. We only know that he is somehow tied to the film’s main villain, Brixton (Idris Elba). It’s possible, according to the source, that Reeves’ character will be revealed towards the end of the movie. Alternatively, he could appear in an end-credits scene to set up the sequel we all know will be coming.”

While it’s rare to see Reeves play a villain, it’s not his first time. The actor played the rogues in “Man of Tai Chi”, which he also directed, he also played the nasty Donnie Barksdale in the film ”The Gift” (2000).

“Fast & Furious Presents : Hobbs & Shaw” opens August 2.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Like us?

The Latest

Get Moviehole News Updates!

Enter your email address to subscribe to Moviehole and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Exclusives!

At the Movies

Watch

Hot