Connect with us

Movie News

Gunn is back for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3!

And he’s bringing Mark Hamill with him!

Avatar

Published

on

Boom! here’s one that Shook the Room today!

In a welcome about- face, it was announced today that Disney had reinstated James Gunn as the director of the third “Guardians of the Galaxy” movie.

The filmmaker, who helmed the first two, very successful films in the franchise, was reportedly rehired by Disney chief Alan Horn – who Gunn had met with several times since getting pink-slipped last July. The big guy, happy with Gunn’s public apology over decade old social media missives that made light of pedophilia and rape, wants the former Troma boy to direct his own script.

Yep, Gunn is committed to directing Warner/DC’s “The Suicide Squad” but he will reportedly kick-off work on the third “Guardians” shortly thereafter. He had already completed the script before his pink-slipping and by all accounts, that’s still the one that’ll be going before the cameras.

“Guardians of the Galaxy”

I’d say Horn started to lean on rehiring the spiky-haired artist after Dave Bautista, who plays Drax the Destroyer in the “Galaxy” films, essentially threatened to quit the franchise unless Gunn was involved.

According to Deadline, where news of Gunn’s reinstatement originated, there’s also no truth to rumors that Marvel Studios were considering replacement directors like Adam McKay (“Vice”) and Taika Waititi (“Thor : Ragnarok”) so clearly Horn had been hoping he and Gunn could work things out so the derailed project could get back on the tracks.

James Gunn and Dave Bautista

A Disney contact today, confirming Gunn is indeed back on the job, said the agreement also involves bringing Mark Hamill – who had met with the filmmaker to discuss a possible part in the movie before his axing –  back into the fold. Considering the latter actor’s pre-existing relationship with Disney on the “Star Wars” movies, no surprise they didn’t argue that small request.
Have been told to expect some bigger news on the project at Comic-Con.

Mark Hamill

Gunn posted the following ‘thank you’ on Twitter today.

Welcome back, James.

Movie News

Sonic going back to the workshop; moves to 2020

Paramount to spend more time perfecting the title character’s look

Ali

Published

on

By

Coming through on it’s promise to spend more time perfecting the title character’s look, Paramount has delayed the “Sonic the Hedgehog” movie until 2020.

After the release of the recent trailer, fans of the SEGA-game freaked on Twitter over the blue animal’s human teeth, calling them “creepy” and “nightmarish.” The filmmakers went into immediate damage control, promising punters they’ll fix the look.

The pic, starring Jim Carrey, is now moving from its November 8 release to February 14, 2020 next year so the blue guy looks better for y’all.

Continue Reading

Movie News

Rocky 7!?

Sylvester Stallone says he has a “great idea” for another “Rocky” film

Ali

Published

on

By

While we’ll unlikely see Creed belting his glove again, Sylvester Stallone says Rocky Balboa isn’t out.

The actor  made the revelation today at the Cannes film festival, where his long career and latest ‘Rambo’ film are under the Croisette’s spotlight.

While ‘Sly’ hints that his participation in the “Creed” franchise might be two and out, the 72-year-old says a seventh “Rocky” film could be on the cards.

“I have a great idea for Rocky. He finds this fella who’s in the country illegally and it becomes a whole thing. It would be really phenomenal, really different”.

“It’s like a magician,” he continued. “Once you’ve seen how he does the tricks you’re not impressed any more. It’s the same thing with Rocky. You’ve seen everything, so you’re like, ‘How can it be different?’ That would be different. When you take him and throw him out of the country and he’s in another world. It could work.” he said.

Stallone didn’t say whether it’d be Balboa, who we last saw in 2018’s “Creed II”, training the immigrant.

The actor had intended for 2006’s “Rocky Balboa” to be the character’s swansong but returned to the role when the idea for the “Creed” films were presented to him.

Stallone was at Cannes to attend a a 4K restoration screening of his groundbreaking actioner “First Blood” and promote its fourth sequel “Last Blood”, which sees the long-suffering vet going up against cartels in Mexico.

“He goes out there and bad things happen,” Stallone said. “There’s going to be some serious vengeance in this movie. A lot of people are going to get killed.”

Continue Reading

Movie News

ICYMI : Christopher Nolan’s new film gets title, full cast

The time-traveling international spy movie stars Robert Pattinson, among others

Ali

Published

on

By

Warner Bros have announced the title and cast of Christopher Nolan’s highly-anticipated new film, due July 17, 2020.
“Tenet”, which has just gone before the cameras, is said to be an action epic that combines the always entertaining elements of international spy missions and time travel.  The man with the megaphone is keeping a tight lid on the plot.
The cast, which includes many Nolan-staples, is headed by John David Washington and also stars Robert Pattinson, Elizabeth Debicki, Dimple Kapadia, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Clémence Poésy, with Michael Caine and Kenneth Branagh.
Nolan is shooting in the beautiful IMAX format with some 70mm thrown in for good measure.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Like us?

The Latest

Get Moviehole News Updates!

Enter your email address to subscribe to Moviehole and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Exclusives!

At the Movies

Watch

Hot